- •The main criteria to judge whether a pin is tradable or not is that it must be a metal pin bearing a “©Disney”mark on the back that represents a Disney Event, Place or Location, Character or Icon.
- •Pins should be in good, undamaged, tradable condition.
- •For a safe trading experience, please trade one pin at a time, hand to hand with pin backs attached.
- •Guests may trade a maximum of two (2) pins per Cast Member, per day.
- •Please refrain from touching a Cast Member’s or Guest’s pins or lanyard. If you need a closer look, kindly ask the Cast Member or Guest wearing the lanyard if she or he can bring it into clearer view for you.
- •Monies, gifts or receipts may not be exchanged or used in trade for a pin.
- •When trading with a Cast Member, Guests should offer a pin that is not currently displayed on the Cast Member’s lanyard.
- •Pins from other business units of The Walt Disney Company (i.e.ABC, ESPN) are accepted for trade.
- •Operating participant pins that show a Disney, Disneyland®Resort, or Walt Disney World®Resort affiliation are accepted for trading.
- •Plastic pins, rubber pins or other non-metal pins are not accepted for trading.
- •“Personalized Name”pins are not accepted for trade.
- •“Broche style”or “clasp pins”are not accepted for trade.
- •Disney Service Award pins, Spirit of Disneyland®Resort pins, Partners in Excellence pins or Cast Member costume pins (i.e. Host/Hostess Badges, Disney Trainer) are not tradable.
Disney Trading is magical fun for the whole family! The most important etiquette to remember is to have fun collecting or trading!
Hidden Mickey Pins
The Hidden Mickey Collection is a way for Cast Members at Disney Parks and Resorts to trade unique pins with Guests. Guests can trade up to two (2) Hidden Mickey pins per Cast Member, per day. “Hidden Mickey Pin” is featured in a small box on the back stamp of each pin.
What is a Hidden Mickey Pin (formerly known as a “Cast Lanyard Pin”)?
The Hidden Mickey pin (formerly Cast Lanyard pin) program was introduced in 2002 at the Walt Disney World® Resort. TheDisneyland® Resort also introduced a similar “Lanyard pin” program in 2003. Cast Members use Hidden Mickey pins to trade with Guests. These pins measure approximately 1.25″. The backstamp is silver-colored and contains a box indicating the pin is a Hidden Mickey pin (formerly “Cast Lanyard Series,” “Cast Lanyard Collection,” or “Lanyard Pin”). The back stamp also contains the number of pins in that collection (i.e. 1 of 5). The front of the pin contains a small Mickey Mouse icon in the artwork.
How and Where are Hidden Mickey Pins Released
Hidden Mickey pins are released at random to Cast Members at Disney Parks and Resorts. The Hidden Mickey pin checklist is a great resource for images of the pins (see the .PDF files below). Please note that not every pin pictured may be available at a particular time as availability of a particular pin is subject to change without notice.
Part of the fun behind the Hidden Mickey Pin Collection is searching for your favorite pins. Trade and collect the pins which are most important to you. Along the way, you are sure to meet Cast Members that are dedicated to making your visit to a Disney Park or Resort a magical one!
Why Was the Name Changed from “Cast Lanyard Pin” to “Hidden Mickey Pin?”
The name change was made based on the current identifier found on Hidden Mickey pins, a small Mickey Mouse icon. “Hidden Mickeys” are also incorporated into many attractions and locations at Disney Theme Parks and Resorts. We felt this change would complement something fun many Guests were already seeking.
Are Hidden Mickey Pins Considered to be Limited Edition?
Hidden Mickey pins are not limited edition pins. A Limited Edition pin contains a back stamp stating the edition size (i.e. Limited Edition of XX).
Are Hidden Mickey pins for sale?
Yes. Select Hidden Mickey pins are available for sale via a Hidden Mickey Mystery Pouch. Disney Cast Members will continue using Hidden Mickey pins to trade with Guests. The Hidden Mickey Mystery Pouch is just another way that Guests can start or complete their Hidden Mickey pin collections.
What is the “first trade opportunity” for Hidden Mickey pins?
Hidden Mickey pins will continue to debut on Disney Cast Members’ lanyards first. Guests will have a “first trading opportunity” with Disney Cast Members when a new collection of Hidden Mickey pins is released. Following a select period of time, Hidden Mickey Mystery Pouches will be released giving Guests the opportunity to start or complete their collections.